Rode Microphones RODECaster Pro Integrated Podcast Production Studio
The RODECaster Pro by Rode Microphones is the world’s first fully integrated podcast production studio. Wether you’re just starting out or are a seasoned broadcast professional, the RODECaster Pro is all you will ever need to create incredible podcasts. This device makes professional podcasting easy. It features four high-quality XLR microphone inputs and four headphone outputs, and with intuitive controls, automatic level setting and one-touch recording to a microSD card or computer, you can literally be making a podcast within minutes of taking it out of the box.
Craft Your Sound: The RODECaster Pro features eight programmable sound effects pads for instant triggering of sound effects, music, intro and outros, or ads rolls. You can record direct to a pad from any of the RODECaster Pro’s inputs or simply assign audio from your computer. Each pad is highly customizable, with options for playback mode, colour-coding, and more, and you can store up to eight banks of sounds – 64 in total!
Phoning In: Have a remote guest you want to chat to? Recording a podcast with your crew at a distance? Simply connect your phone to the RODECaster Pro via Bluetooth™ or with a TRRS cable. The RODECaster Pro even provides “mix-minus” audio to prevent echo being heard by the caller (without the need for complicated external hardware). Remote interviews never sounded so good!
Rode Microphones has developed some accessories specific to the RODECaster Pro:
Rode SC9 TRRS to TRRS Cable: The SC9 is a high quality, 1.5m-long TRRS to TRRS cable for easy and reliable connection of smartphones to the RODECaster Pro.
Rode DC-USB1 Power Cable: The DC-USB1 is a power cab le that allows the RODECaster Pro to be powered from any compatible USB output, making it entirely portable. A high-power (2.4A minimum) USB output is required for operation.
Rode HJA-4 Headphone Adapter Kit: The HJA-4 is a pack of four high -quality adaptors for converting headphones with 3.5mm plugs for use with the RODECaster Pro’s ¼-inch headphone sockets.
Rode XLR-ID Color Coding Cable Kit: The XLR-ID is a set of eight colou r-coded rings that can be affixed to any XLR plug to assist with cable identification. The colours of the rings match the colours of the RODECaster Pro’s microphone channels.
The RODECaster Pro’s pristine preamps and outputs feature Class A circuitry, as you’d find in the world’s best broadcast recording consoles. The Class A servo-biased preamps provide a clean gain structure with very low levels of distortion, delivering incredibly clear, low-noise signal, while the high-quality headphone outputs ensure you hear you and your guests in full definition. Broadcast-pure audio. To give your podcast that polished, professional sound, the RODECaster Pro gives you access to a host of effects and multistage processing options. These include a compressor, de-esser, high-pass filter, noise gate and ducking, all easily accessible via the LED touchscreen.
Take your sound to the next level with the RODECaster Pro’s on-board APHEX processing. The legendary APHEX Aural Exciter™ and Big Bottom™ can be accessed with the touch of a button, giving your podcasts that rich, warm broadcast tone only found in professional studios (until now).
The RODECaster Pro operates as a standalone unit straight out of the box, recording your podcasts direct to a microSD card. The RODECaster Pro also connects to a computer as a USB audio interface so you can record your podcast to your favourite recording software or livestream with ease. Multitrack recording via USB or to microSD is also available, giving you the option to record each of the inputs separately for editing in post-production. Ultimate podcasting flexibility.
- Easy-to-use podcast production studio
- 8 faders to control audio levels
- 4 high-quality XLR mic inputs
- Instant jingle playback via programmable pads (with companion app)
- Echo Free Phone connectivity via either TRRS or Bluetooth™ with automatic mix-minus
- Aphex Big Bottom™ and Aural Exciter™ processing onboard
- Record direct to microSD™ card or computer via USB
- 2 years* Warranty (1 year plus 1 with online registration)
- Frequency Range (Mic Inputs): 20 Hz – 20 kHz, -3dB at 20 Hz (high-pass filter)
- Frequency Range (Monitor Outputs): 20 Hz – 20 kHz better than ±0.5dB
- Input Impedance: 600Ω (Mic Preamplifiers)
- Equivalent Noise: -125dBA (A-Weighted, measured as per IEC651)
- Maximum Output Level: +3dBu (Monitor Outputs)
- Headphone Output Power: Max output power at 1% THD: 32Ω –> 220mW | 300Ω –> 31mW
- Dynamic Range: 100 dBA (Mic Preamplifiers)
- Gain Range: 0dB – 55dB (Mic Preamplifiers)
- Power Requirements: External DC power supply 12 - 15v DC, 1A
- Output Connection: USB-C, 1/4” Balanced TRS STEREO (Monitor Outputs)
- Computer Connectivity: USB
- Bit Depth: 24-Bit
- Sample Rates: 48 kHz
- Storage: microSD™ card slot, 512MB internal memory for storing sounds for programmable pads
- OS Requirements: macOS 10.11 / Windows 10
- Colour: Black
- Weight (g): 1980
- Dimensions (L x W x H, mm): 350 x 275 x 82