Dom Mazzuca may only be 21 years old, but this entrepreneur is changing the game. Dom, a fellow Londoner, has created a brand that offers premium products that are built to last and are created for the Canadian Adventurer. This company is proudly Canadian and every item was designed in Ontario. Whether you’re out fishing our incredible lakes and rivers, are camping in Canada’s stunning forests and national parks, or are just heading out for a lazy cottage weekend, Maple Mountain is the Canadian brand that has the perfect product for you. Check out (and use!) #MyMapleMtn on social media to see real Canadians enjoying Maple Mountain products.
The Story Behind The Company
Every great product has a great story behind it. These products are no different. The story starts the way that most of these stories do, someone looking for something that they just can’t find anywhere and deciding that they should just make it themselves. But we’re getting ahead of ourselves here. Let’s start at the beginning.
Dom has always been an entrepreneur at heart. “From a young age, there was one thing I knew, I wanted to create my own future, and do something meaningful in life.” Dom graduated from the photography program at Fanshawe in 2019 and then went on to do the business administration program at George Brown College. He’s been able to apply so much of what he learned in these programs to his company.
One day he was looking to purchase a cooler for his weekend excursions. But he didn’t want just any cooler. He wanted to buy a cooler that was going to last and was going to actually do what it was supposed to do: keep his drinks cold all weekend long. Although there were other big brands out there with steep price tags that promised durability and to keep things cold, Dom felt like those pricey products were missing something: Canadian Pride.
If you’re going to drop some good money on a product that is supposed to last you a lifetime, don’t you want something that means something to you? Dom tried to find brands and products that fit this description but couldn’t find any. That was when the idea for Maple Mountain was born.
As Dom connected with friends, family, and randos on the internet, he found the response overwhelming: yes, people wanted a Canadian-based cooler company that offered not only a superior product that lasts but also showcases their national pride.
Dom immediately dove head-first into research, trial and error, brainstorming, and planning. He connected with a supplier that he trusted to meet his superior quality standards and quality control and from there, he created the beauty that is Maple Mountain. Sales plans, marketing strategies, and even more research have brought us to where we are today with Dom supplies eager Canadians with premium products that are built for all of the adventures that Canadians know and love.
Behind The Name
Maple Mountain. The name conjures incredible images of Canadian landscapes. And that is exactly the point. Dom explained, “Inspired by the breath-taking landscapes Canada has to offer, we needed a name that reflected who we are, and where we came from. We wanted to incorporate some sort of national park or mountain range in the name to give our customers a sense of pride when they talk about our products, we landed on Maple Mountain which is located right here in Ontario where the idea was born, and quite frankly sounds pretty damn Canadian.”
When you think of Canadian adventure, what do you picture? Summer nights at the beach. Lazy summers at the cottage. Camping trips surrounded by the great outdoors. Fishing excursions on bright blue lakes and shady river banks. Hikes. Picnics. Campfires. It all sounds pretty darn Canadian, eh? Maple Mountain products were created to compliment every single one of those experiences. From hard coolers and portable coolers to drinkware and cozy gear, Maple Mountain has what you need.
These products were made for cottage-goers, campers, road trippers, campfire watchers, beach bums, fitness freaks, and Canadian commuters. Enjoy superior quality that was made to last as well as seriously stunning design that shows off your Canadian pride in a modern, sleek, and minimalist way. They come in multiple colours so you’re sure to find something that suits your tastes perfectly.
Seeing these Muskoka Tumblers, you’re immediately going to want to be lounging on a dock, a tumbler full of crisp white wine in hand. The Muskoka Tumblr was made to keep your drink cold to the very last drop. They do this by using double-walled vacuum insulated stainless steel. It also comes with a spill-resistant lid so that you can sip in peace without a single worry. Choose from many eye-catching colours, or get one of each!
Road trippers rejoice! The Trout Tumblers are designed to be cupholder friendly, while the vacuum insulated, double-walled stainless steel keeps your coffee piping hot all day long. If you’re more of an iced-coffee Canadian, don’t worry because it’ll keep that cold all day long too. It comes in two sizes: 20oz and 30oz and there are multiple colours to choose from.
Jasper Bottles come in 32oz and 21 oz options and have multiple stunning colours to choose from. The bottle is made of double-walled stainless steel and is vacuum insulated so that your liquids stay hot or cold longer. They also have a handle for convenience.
The 14oz camper mug looks like it was made to be used while sitting around a campfire. It is vacuum insulated and made with double-walled stainless steel so that whatever you keep in your mug stays hot (or cold) until it’s gone. It also features a lid with an extra-large mouth, which makes it perfect for eating out of too! Oh, and if that were not enough, the lid is spill-resistant. Perfect!
If you’re a big fan of a handle on your coffee tumbler, then you’ll want to grab yourself the Big Trout Picker-Upper. It comes in multiple colours so that you can mix it up or match it up with your tumbler. This handle is thick and designed for a comfortable grip, but is lightweight and easy to slip on.
If you prefer straw lids to the unscrew and sip kind, then grab yourself a Jasper Flip Lid along with your Jasper Bottle. The straw opens and closes for portability and was designed to have a smooth stream of liquid flow for the perfect sipping experience.
Whether you’re camping, taking a day trip, catching fish to fry, taking advantage of a warm afternoon at the park, heading to a tailgating party, or are grilling in the backyard, having a cooler to keep your drinks ice cold and your food at safe temperatures is an absolute must.
A fisherman knows that a quality cooler makes the difference between coming home with freshly caught filets or having your day of effort spoiled from the hot summer sun. Any Canadian camper understands that having a good cooler to keep your food fresh over the weekend is an absolute must. Cottagers, beach bums, and backyard partiers appreciate the difference between a cooler that keeps your drinks ice cold all day long versus a cooler that causes the ice to melt and your drinks to warm up too quickly.
Coolers are essential to the Canadian adventurers. But when you spend your hard-earned money on a cooler, you’re going to want to get one that lasts, right? Maple Mountain products are made to last. They’re high-quality products with all of the bells and whistles to make this the kind of cooler that you’ll enjoy using again and again. Plus, they’re stylish and sleek and show off your Canadian pride because if you’re going to buy a cooler that lasts a lifetime, might as well make it one that you’re proud to pull out time and time again.
Alpine 17 Soft Cooler
This cooler was made for adventures. Going on a hike? Having a picnic? Hitting the beach up for an afternoon? This cooler is for you. It’s ultra-lightweight, waterproof, and super durable so that you can take it with you, wherever your adventures might lead.
Check out the incredible features of the Alpine 17 Soft Cooler and see why it’s a great choice for you.
- Foam Insulation – This soft cooler keeps your food and drinks cold with two inches of high-density foam insulation.
- Waterproof – The polyurethane coating both inside and out gives this cooler a tough layer of protection against water and Canadian weather.
- Durability – This cooler is made with super-strong nylon fabric so that it can withstand whatever your day-tripping involves.
- Zipper pocket – This cooler comes with a zippered pocket on the front to store things separate from the insides.
- Easy carrying – The Alpine 17 Soft Cooler has a handle on the top, handles on the sides, plus a strap for ease of transportation.
- Ice Retention – This cooler can retain ice for 1-2 days!
- Sizable – The perfect size for day trips, this cooler can hold 12 cans of beer along with PLENTY of ice!
Sierra Hard Coolers
We’ve all used those cheap coolers that fill the shelves in superstores across the country. Our hands reach in to grab a drink only to find that the ice has melted and our drinks are no longer refreshingly ice-cold. Those coolers are designed to draw you in with their super low price tag. They’re made with the cheapest materials and designs, and the lack of quality shows.
“Maple Mountain coolers were designed from the ground up to give Canadians quality coolers that are tough enough to survive our harsh climate. This level of performance is simply not something you can get out of the discount brand coolers,” says Dom, the creator of the brand.
They also have incredible additional features that will have you thinking “why don’t all coolers come with this?”.
There are five different sizes to choose from with the Sierra Hard Coolers: 15, 25, 35, 45, and 65. Each cooler offered different colour options so that you can find a cooler that suits your tastes.
The Sierra 15
This cooler can hold 8 cans of beer with double that amount of ice in it and will retain the ice for 1 to 2 days. Its easy-lock handle locks into place for easier portability is heavy-duty and made of stainless steel. It’s small enough to be easily transported with one hand and can even fit in between the backseats of cars, making it the ultimate road trip buddy.
The Sierra 25
This cooler can hold 18 cans of beer with double that amount of ice in it and will retain the ice for 3 to 5 days. Its easy-lock handle locks into place for easier portability is heavy-duty and made of stainless steel. It’s easy to carry and is a great size for an evening around a campfire!
The Sierra 35
This cooler can hold 24 cans of beer with double that amount of ice in it and will retain the ice for 3 to 5 days. It has super durable rope handles that are made from military-grade polyester. It’s small enough that it can easily be carried, even when full, but large enough for a lakeside party.
The Sierra 45
This cooler can hold 32 cans of beer with double that amount of ice in it and will retain the ice for 3 to 5 days. It has super durable rope handles that are made from military-grade polyester. The size makes it a must-have for weekend camping trips!
The Sierra 65
This cooler can hold 42 cans of beer with double that amount of ice in it and will retain the ice for 4 to 6 days. It has super durable rope handles that are made from military-grade polyester. The extra-large size makes it perfect to store your fillets during a day of fishing, a cottage getaway, a backyard bbq party, and so much more. Any Canadian summer party deserves the size and quality of the Sierra 65 Hard Cooler!
All Hard Cooler Features
Every Sierra Hard Cooler comes with these incredible features that make it unparalleled by the coolers that we’re all familiar with.
- Built-in Handles – There is nothing worse than awkwardly trying to carry a full cooler that wasn’t made with transportation in mind. All Sierra Hard Coolers have built-in handles that were specifically designed to make carrying a breeze.
- Premium Insulation – These coolers have been pressure injected with as much polyurethane foam as possible to keep your contents cold for days. They provide unparalleled ice retention.
- Close Fit Lid System – One of the key features to keep your coolers retaining ice for as long as they do is the superior seal. This stops heat from getting in and cold from escaping. Your drinks and food stay colder longer.
- Remolded Construction – Maple Mountain coolers are made to last a lifetime, which means that they were created to withstand the harshest Canadian climates and are virtually indestructible. So go ahead and bring them with you on every single adventure, knowing that they’re going to last.
- Divider – Every hard cooler comes with a divider, which, honestly is so much more useful than you might think. Fishermen can keep their fillets on ice while their ice-cold beer sits safely separate. You can keep drinks on one side and food on the other. Separate non-alcoholic from alcoholic beverages so that guests don’t have to dig to find their beverage of choice. There are so many great uses for the divider, you’ll wonder how you ever used coolers without one!
- Rack – You know what can be frustrating? Soggy butcher paper around your meat from the ice in your cooler. Every Maple Mountain hard cooler comes with a rack so that you can keep things cold without letting them get wet and soggy from the ice. Seriously, this is a game-changer.
- LED Light – You know that frustrating moment when the sun has gone down and you open a cooler to grab a drink but you can’t read the labels? You turn the flashlight on your phone on and then try to prop the lid open with your shoulder while you hold your light with one hand and dig for the right drink with the other. Every Maple Mountain hard cooler comes with an LED light inside so that when you open the lid you can see exactly what you’re grabbing inside! Plus, they all come with AA batteries pre-installed so that the moment you get your cooler you can use it right away!
- North Strong Latches – For the Canadian Adventurer, we know all too well how clever wildlife critters can be. The North Strong Latches are wildlife resistant, so no Yogi Bears or Wile E Coyotes will be rummaging in your coolers, no matter where you’re adventuring!
- Pad-Lock Ready – If you’re wanting to keep your treasures extra safe, every cooler comes pad-lock ready so that only bolt-cutter wielding bears will be able to get in.
- Non-slip feet – Wet docks, slick decks, and uneven terrain can cause many coolers to slip and slide around. Maple Mountain makes their hard coolers with non-slip feet so that your drinks never slide out of reach!
- Drain Plug – Draining your cooler couldn’t be easier. This leak-proof plug is made to last. Simply unplug and walk away, letting all of the water in your cooler drain away.
- Double Handles – Your Sierra Hard Coolers come with built-in handles as well as rope handles. The rope handles are extra strong, made with military-grade polyester ropes and even feature a comfort handle.
Sometimes we want ways to rep the brands that we support. If you’re a fan of Maple Mountain and would like to show off your Canadian pride, check out their gear! Not only are they stylish, but they’re also made for comfort in Canadian weather.
These shirts come pre-shrunk so that the fit you get is the fit that will last. It’s made of ring-spun cotton and polyester, making it comfortable and breathable. They also feature a double-needle hem on the collar, bottom, and sleeves for both comfort and style.
New Era Performance Cap
This hat isn’t just about style, Canadian pride, or repping a brand you love, it’s also about comfort during physical activity. This hat is made with moisture-wicking technology to keep you cool during hot summer days. It’s created with breathable polyester material. The back half of the cap is also perforated for even more breathability! It’s a great option for keeping the sun out of your eyes in the warmer months while also keeping you cool. It comes in three different colours and has an adjustable velcro hook.
How To Get The Best Ice Retention
Here’s the thing, a lot of people don’t pack their coolers properly. We don’t really think about it, do we? We just throw things in a cooler, pile on the ice, and away we go! But to take the most advantage of your Sierra Hard Cooler and have ice that lasts for days, there are a few things that can help.
- Use a 2:1 ice to can ratio. Ever wondered how to have perfectly chilled beer from the cooler? Use this method. For every one can of beer that you put in the cooler, put in two cans worth of ice.
- Use a chilled cooler. If your cooler is already chilled then the ice you put into it doesn’t have to work to bring down the temperature inside the cooler. If you’re wondering how to chill your cooler (especially if it’s too big to put in the fridge), you can place a bunch of ice packs inside and place it in your basement, cold room, or cooler part of the house until you’re ready to pack it up with food, drinks, and ice.
- Avoid placing it in direct sunlight. Every camper knows that placing your cooler in the shade is your best bet for longer-lasting ice!
Dom has high hopes for Maple Mountain: “the ultimate goal for this company is to eventually become a household name across Canada, and represent the Canadian lifestyle. After seeing the success of the competition south of the border, in an industry that is on the rise, I believe Maple Mountain could be widely known and available for purchase in stores across the nation.”
We think that with the fact that Maple Mountain products are built to last and built with Canadians in mind, we believe that this is a brand that has the potential to do just that. Next time you find yourself looking for drinkware or coolers, check out Maple Mountain
You can find a variety of Maple Mountain products on our Locorum Shop! 48 Hour delivery within London with flat rate shipping!